A paramedic who rushed James Gandolfini to hospital after the actor suffered a massive heart attack has been accused of being even more ruthless than Tony Soprano.
Claudio Bevilacqua, 43, went on trial on Monday for allegedly snatching “The Sopranos” star’s $3000 Rolex Submariner watch as he laid dying in June 2013.
It is still unclear whether the watch vanished from Gandolfini’s room in the Boscolo Exedra Hotel in Rome, Italy, or whether the actor was wearing it when he collapsed.
Bevilacqua was not present in court Monday for the case’s first hearing, which lasted only a few minutes.
The judge postponed the…
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com