Part of the enduring allure of Mariah Carey is that she could care less what you think of her, which is why the trailer for her new E! reality series is just as fabulous and unashamedly ridiculous as you think it would be.
Her gem of an MTV Cribs episode foreshadowed what a great reality-TV star Mimi could be and Mariah’s World looks to be packed with juicy drama, sparkles and choice sound bites (“I’m not Cinderella, my life has not been a fairytale!”). The narrative follows the elusive chanteuse as she prepares for her world tour and upcoming wedding to James Packer.
Here are some things you can look forward to in this truly magical eight-part “unscripted” series:
- Mariah refusing to take off her sunglasses (“I’m wearing these glasses because we’re in fluorescent lighting, and I have a rule which states that I will not be seen in fluorescent lighting without sunglasses. I know, it’s very ’90s”).
- Mariah pouring out champagne over sparklers at a party.
- Mariah planning her wedding to Aussie billionaire Packer (“it’s the most important event that’s ever happened”).
- Mariah gracing the Lambily with her presence (one Lamb even goes so far as to kiss her hand as soon as he meets her).
- Mariah exiting her private jet in a full-length gown and fur coat, drinking wine, as one does.
To see the rest of Mariah’s fabulous moments, watch the full clip below.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization