Part of the enduring allure of Mariah Carey is that she could care less what you think of her, which is why the trailer for her new E! reality series is just as fabulous and unashamedly ridiculous as you think it would be.
Her gem of an MTV Cribs episode foreshadowed what a great reality-TV star Mimi could be and Mariah’s World looks to be packed with juicy drama, sparkles and choice sound bites (“I’m not Cinderella, my life has not been a fairytale!”). The narrative follows the elusive chanteuse as she prepares for her world tour and upcoming wedding to James Packer.
Here are some things you can look forward to in this truly magical eight-part “unscripted” series:
- Mariah refusing to take off her sunglasses (“I’m wearing these glasses because we’re in fluorescent lighting, and I have a rule which states that I will not be seen in fluorescent lighting without sunglasses. I know, it’s very ’90s”).
- Mariah pouring out champagne over sparklers at a party.
- Mariah planning her wedding to Aussie billionaire Packer (“it’s the most important event that’s ever happened”).
- Mariah gracing the Lambily with her presence (one Lamb even goes so far as to kiss her hand as soon as he meets her).
- Mariah exiting her private jet in a full-length gown and fur coat, drinking wine, as one does.
To see the rest of Mariah’s fabulous moments, watch the full clip below.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating