What happens when two grown men throw punches during a baseball game? The Internet reacts accordingly, of course.
In an epic fistfight not soon to be forgotten, Texas Rangers second baseman Rougned Odor punched Toronto Blue Jays outfielder Jose Bautista and all hell broke loose on both the baseball field and the web.
Of course, memes were inevitable — and the online responses definitely didn’t disappoint. See the best of the Internet’s freakout over Jose Bautista getting punched below.
Bautista’s teammate Marcus Stroman aired his grievances on Twitter.
While Dodgers pitcher Brett Anderson put in his two cents in 140 characters or less as well.
Perhaps it was inevitable that Bautista would get Crying Jordan.
He also got the Krusty Krab treatment.
Some started using the punch as a punchline.
Odor’s punch was made for Vine, as this Jim Ross-flavored clip shows.
Others took to Wikipedia to share their thoughts.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve