Calling someone a goat in Russian is usually an insult, NBC News notes. The Primorsky Safari Park, known for when another of its goats befriended a tiger, did not immediately return a request for comment from TIME on Monday.
However, the park’s director, Dmitry Mezentsev, told NBC in a statement that the goat was adopted from a local Sochi farmer who had already given it its name. “It took a while to prepare the paperwork for Obama’s move,” Mezentsev said. “Guarantees were required that Obama would bring no pests, that Obama has no tapeworms etc.”
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time