Game of Thrones actress Emilia Clarke said it was “all her” and not a body double who filmed a key nude scene in Sunday’s episode of the HBO show.
The star, who plays Daenerys Targaryen, had a fiery scene in the new episode in which she appeared nude for the first time in several seasons.
“I’d like to remind people the last time I took my clothes off was season 3,” Clarke told Entertainment Weekly. “That was a while ago. It’s now season 6. But this is all me, all proud, all strong. I’m just feeling genuinely happy I said ‘Yes.’ That ain’t no body double!”
Clarke, whose character’s clothes were burned off at the end of the first season, also told the entertainment news outlet that she felt more comfortable shooting the scene this time around from a private closed set in Belfast.
“Taking off my clothes is not the easiest thing, but with the magic of the effects, I don’t have to do a season 1 and go on a cliff and do it,” she said. “I’m in control of it.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com