Game of Thrones actress Emilia Clarke said it was “all her” and not a body double who filmed a key nude scene in Sunday’s episode of the HBO show.
The star, who plays Daenerys Targaryen, had a fiery scene in the new episode in which she appeared nude for the first time in several seasons.
“I’d like to remind people the last time I took my clothes off was season 3,” Clarke told Entertainment Weekly. “That was a while ago. It’s now season 6. But this is all me, all proud, all strong. I’m just feeling genuinely happy I said ‘Yes.’ That ain’t no body double!”
Clarke, whose character’s clothes were burned off at the end of the first season, also told the entertainment news outlet that she felt more comfortable shooting the scene this time around from a private closed set in Belfast.
“Taking off my clothes is not the easiest thing, but with the magic of the effects, I don’t have to do a season 1 and go on a cliff and do it,” she said. “I’m in control of it.”
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow