They just may be the eight luckiest people in New Jersey.
The Smith family — 70-year-old matriarch, Perlie Smith, and her seven children — were identified Friday as the winners of the $429.6 million Powerball jackpot.
Oldest daughter Valerie Arthur, a recently retired prison administrator, said the winning numbers came to them “in a dream.”
“We had divine intervention,” she said. “That’s the only way you can explain how the numbers were chosen. It was through a dream.”
Arthur said it was “big shock” when they found out they won and an even bigger shock when they realized they were the only winners…
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow