Donald Trump said the world’s biggest online retailer is “getting away with murder” on its taxes.
In an interview with Fox News on Friday, Trump lashed out at Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, who owns the Washington Post. “This [Washington Post] is owned as a toy by Jeff Bezos, who controls Amazon,” the presumptive Republican nominee said. “Amazon is getting away with murder tax-wise. He’s using the Washington Post for power so that the politicians in Washington don’t tax Amazon like they should be taxed.”
“He’s got a huge antitrust problem because he’s controlling so much, Amazon is controlling so much of what they are doing,” Trump continued.
Amazon did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List