Donald Trump said the world’s biggest online retailer is “getting away with murder” on its taxes.
In an interview with Fox News on Friday, Trump lashed out at Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, who owns the Washington Post. “This [Washington Post] is owned as a toy by Jeff Bezos, who controls Amazon,” the presumptive Republican nominee said. “Amazon is getting away with murder tax-wise. He’s using the Washington Post for power so that the politicians in Washington don’t tax Amazon like they should be taxed.”
“He’s got a huge antitrust problem because he’s controlling so much, Amazon is controlling so much of what they are doing,” Trump continued.
Amazon did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction
- The End of Succession
- Scientists Get Closer to Harnessing Solar Power From Space