Donald Trump said the world’s biggest online retailer is “getting away with murder” on its taxes.
In an interview with Fox News on Friday, Trump lashed out at Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, who owns the Washington Post. “This [Washington Post] is owned as a toy by Jeff Bezos, who controls Amazon,” the presumptive Republican nominee said. “Amazon is getting away with murder tax-wise. He’s using the Washington Post for power so that the politicians in Washington don’t tax Amazon like they should be taxed.”
“He’s got a huge antitrust problem because he’s controlling so much, Amazon is controlling so much of what they are doing,” Trump continued.
Amazon did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time