Donald Trump said the world’s biggest online retailer is “getting away with murder” on its taxes.
In an interview with Fox News on Friday, Trump lashed out at Amazon founder Jeff Bezos, who owns the Washington Post. “This [Washington Post] is owned as a toy by Jeff Bezos, who controls Amazon,” the presumptive Republican nominee said. “Amazon is getting away with murder tax-wise. He’s using the Washington Post for power so that the politicians in Washington don’t tax Amazon like they should be taxed.”
“He’s got a huge antitrust problem because he’s controlling so much, Amazon is controlling so much of what they are doing,” Trump continued.
Amazon did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up