(LONDON) — London’s new mayor Sadiq Khan would welcome presumptive Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump to London to “educate” him about Islam and its compatibility with Western values.
In an interview with NBC News on Friday, the son of a Pakistani immigrant bus driver said Trump’s “ignorant” views on Islam were “inadvertently playing into the hands of extremists” who prey on young Muslims.
“To suggest that it’s incompatible to be Western and to be Muslim is, I think, really, really risky,” Khan said during a visit to a London elementary school.
Real-estate mogul and reality TV star Trump in December…
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com