“It’s none of your business,” Trump said in an interview on Friday, when ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos asked what his tax rate is. “You’ll see it when I release, but I fight very hard to pay as little tax as possible,” he added, saying he believes the government wastes taxpayer money.
Mitt Romney this week called on Trump to release his tax returns, warning that his refusal to do so is evidence of a “bombshell” in the documents. Trump has maintained that he will release his tax returns after an IRS audit is complete, saying Friday that he hopes it’s before the election.
“I don’t think they do,” Trump said Friday, when asked if voters have a right to see his tax returns before they vote in November. “But I do say this, I will really gladly give them.”
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time