Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg has responded to accusations that the social network’s “trending” list has been suppressing conservative media, saying his team is conducting a full investigation and has not yet found any evidence of the alleged manipulation.
“If we find anything against our principles, you have my commitment that we will take additional steps to address it,” Zuckerberg wrote in a Thursday Facebook post.
“The reason I care so much about this is that it gets to the core of everything Facebook is and everything I want it to be,” Zuckerberg wrote in his post. “Every tool we build is designed to give more people a voice and bring our global community together.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Mark Rivett-Carnac at firstname.lastname@example.org