Madonna will deliver a tribute to Prince at this year’s Billboard Music Awards, according to the event organizers.
The Queen of Pop’s participation was announced Wednesday and she is expected to honor her longtime friend, collaborator and one time boyfriend Prince Rodgers Nelson.
The legendary musician passed away in late April, shocking the world. Upon hearing of his death, Madonna posted a tribute on Instagram.
Details of the awards show tribute are expected to remain a secret, according to Billboard. The ceremony will air live on Sunday, May 22 from Las Vegas
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement