Madonna will deliver a tribute to Prince at this year’s Billboard Music Awards, according to the event organizers.
The Queen of Pop’s participation was announced Wednesday and she is expected to honor her longtime friend, collaborator and one time boyfriend Prince Rodgers Nelson.
The legendary musician passed away in late April, shocking the world. Upon hearing of his death, Madonna posted a tribute on Instagram.
Details of the awards show tribute are expected to remain a secret, according to Billboard. The ceremony will air live on Sunday, May 22 from Las Vegas
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms