Madonna will deliver a tribute to Prince at this year’s Billboard Music Awards, according to the event organizers.
The Queen of Pop’s participation was announced Wednesday and she is expected to honor her longtime friend, collaborator and one time boyfriend Prince Rodgers Nelson.
The legendary musician passed away in late April, shocking the world. Upon hearing of his death, Madonna posted a tribute on Instagram.
Details of the awards show tribute are expected to remain a secret, according to Billboard. The ceremony will air live on Sunday, May 22 from Las Vegas
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com