Justin Timberlake and Anna Kendrick are the music group we never knew we needed. The actors took the stage at the Cannes Film Festival to perform a cover of Cyndi Lauper’s “True Colors” as a part of the promotion for their new movie, Trolls.
Timberlake introduced himself and Kendrick as “Anna and Garfunkel” before they broke into an acoustic version of Lauper’s classic song to wild applause.
The pair both provided voice talent to the movie; Timberlake produced the music for the film (including the insanely catchy, “Can’t Stop the Feeling“) and Kendrick is lending her pipes to several songs for the movie. Based on their performance, however, we wouldn’t mind if Anna and Garfunkel continued after Cannes.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The 13 Best New Books to Read in March
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Cady Lang at email@example.com