Detroit police say a young girl shot and killed herself with a handgun she found underneath her grandmother’s pillow Tuesday night
Police say they responded to the call around midnight and the girl was taken to a hospital, where she was pronounced dead, according to CBS.
Relatives identified the child as Mariah Davis. The girl was 4 or 5 years old, according to conflicting reports from police and family members.
“It was an awful tragedy that has all of us shook up and our heart broke,” the girl’s aunt Freda Davis told local CBS radio WWJ-AM. “It seems like our souls was ripped out of us. She was a lovely little girl. All she loved to do was sing.”
Police are still investigating the shooting but say the incident happened while the girl was in an upstairs bedroom and the grandmother was downstairs.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up