One month ago, New Zealand’s Auckland Zoo got a whole lot cuter with the birth of a pair of Nepalese red pandas. Along with offering cuteness, though, the cubs also offer hope for a species threatened by habitat loss and illegal poaching. The twins are considered a valuable addition to the international breeding program for this species.
Visitors to the zoo can see the cubs’ parents and their older brother, but will have to wait until March to sneak a peek at the twins themselves.
Here are some photos of the twins being precious:
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving