Two people were stabbed at a Massachusetts mall and another two inside a house on Tuesday before a suspect was shot by police, authorities said. Two of the victims and the suspect have died.
Massachusetts State Police said it is possible the mall attacker was also involved in a vehicle crash on the same street as the house stabbings occurred. The identity of the assailant is unclear. Authorities said they are currently unaware of any link to terrorism.
Police say two people were first stabbed inside a house. Later, a suspect crashed a vehicle into the front of a store where he stabbed another two people inside the Galleria Mall in Taunton, Mass. That suspect was shot by an off-duty law enforcement officer at the mall.
This is a developing story. Check back for more updates.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time