Two people were stabbed at a Massachusetts mall and another two inside a house on Tuesday before a suspect was shot by police, authorities said. Two of the victims and the suspect have died.
Massachusetts State Police said it is possible the mall attacker was also involved in a vehicle crash on the same street as the house stabbings occurred. The identity of the assailant is unclear. Authorities said they are currently unaware of any link to terrorism.
Police say two people were first stabbed inside a house. Later, a suspect crashed a vehicle into the front of a store where he stabbed another two people inside the Galleria Mall in Taunton, Mass. That suspect was shot by an off-duty law enforcement officer at the mall.
This is a developing story. Check back for more updates.
- Effective Altruism Promises to Do Good Better. These Women Say It Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- From Jan. 6 to Tyre Nichols, American Life Is Still Defined by Caste
- As People Return to Offices, It’s Back to Miserable for America’s Working Moms
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year