Two people were stabbed at a Massachusetts mall and another two inside a house on Tuesday before a suspect was shot by police, authorities said. Two of the victims and the suspect have died.
Massachusetts State Police said it is possible the mall attacker was also involved in a vehicle crash on the same street as the house stabbings occurred. The identity of the assailant is unclear. Authorities said they are currently unaware of any link to terrorism.
Police say two people were first stabbed inside a house. Later, a suspect crashed a vehicle into the front of a store where he stabbed another two people inside the Galleria Mall in Taunton, Mass. That suspect was shot by an off-duty law enforcement officer at the mall.
This is a developing story. Check back for more updates.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now