Delrish Moss, the incoming police chief, comes from the Miami police department, Reuters reports. In his 32 years in Miami he worked patrol, undercover assignments and homicide investigations, and most recently supervised the department’s public information and community relations.
Moss will be the city’s second black chief of police, after Interim Chief Andre Anderson resigned in December.
The Justice Department released a report in 2015 detailing a pattern of racial bias in the Ferguson police force; among the statistics noted were the fact that in cases where the police department used force, 88% of the civilians involved were African Americans.
- The 100 Best Mystery and Thriller Books of All Time
- Inside One Indian iPhone Factory
- What Beyoncé Gave Us
- Congress Avoided a Shutdown. What Happens Next?
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- The Enduring Charm of John Grisham
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time