Prince Harry created the games to honor veterans, who come together to compete from at least 14 nations. During an interview with CBS This Morning, Harry remembered visiting Disney World for the first time during his first trip to the United States.
“We had happy, happy memories. You know, it was absolutely fantastic. And it’s so nice to be back here,” he said. Prince Harry added he hoped his mother would be “incredibly proud” of his work with the Games now.
“I hope she’d be sitting up there having her own little party and looking down,” Harry said. “I would love it if she was here, and I hope she’d be running around causing chaos like I intend to. ”
Prince Harry served as a member of the military for 10 years, and established the games in part to recognize veterans and to promote how athletics can help rehabilitation.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- The Threat to Louisiana's Drinking Water
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time