Forget friendship bracelets — apparently, face tattoos are the hip adornment for millennial besties to share. Justin Bieber, music world enfant terrible and body ink enthusiast, took to Instagram on Sunday to show off a brand new face tattoo that he allegedly got with BFF Joe Termini.
The matching ink for Bieber and Termini are small cross tats placed just under their eyes. According to the tattoo artist responsible, Jonathan “JonBoy” Valena at West 4 Tattoo, the ink represents Bieber’s faith.
“Justin came in last night and decided on a small cross near the corner of his eye,” Valena told Us Magazine. “It represents his journey in finding purpose with God.”
Valena (who counts Bieber besties Kylie Jenner and Hailey Baldwin as clients) posted an Instagram with both Bieber and Termini at West 4 Tattoo on Sunday. The photo prominently features Bieber’s tattoo and also reveals that Valena has the same tattoo, although Termini’s ink is not visible in the picture.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve