President Obama called on graduates of a historically black college in Washington, D.C., to pay it forward in a commencement address Saturday.
Speaking at Howard University, Obama reflected on his status as the first African-American president, noting that the college’s mission was to “ensure those firsts were not the last.”
Here’s a full transcript of his remarks.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022