When Murray hired Mauresmo as his coach in June 2014, he was notably the first male tennis professional to hire a female for the position. According to a joint statement, the split was mutual; Murray said he has “learned a lot” from Mauresmo, who added she had trouble dedicating enough time to travel right now.
Mauresmo took six months off from coaching after she gave birth in August. Murray won seven titles — but no Grand Slams — under Mauresmo, a former French player and Grand Slam winner.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time