Last month, Johnny Depp and wife Amber Heard released a video urging people to respect Australia’s biosecurity laws after the pair landed in hot water for illegally bringing their dogs into the country.
During a press conference on Sunday promoting his latest film, Alice Through the Looking Glass, the actor made reference to the dog drama and the couple’s videotaped apology.
“I’m going to do this everywhere I go. I would really like to apologize for not smuggling my dogs into England, because it would have been a bad thing to do,” he said in footage captured by Reuters.
Watch above to see Depp’s costars react as the conversation goes to the dogs, and see the original apology video below.
Alice Through the Looking Glass opens May 27.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com