There are many totally impersonal ways to wish your mom a happy Mother’s Day, from text to email to SnapChat. But now Facebook has provided an even more flaky way to celebrate the holiday: a flower emoji.
Facebook users can now react to a post with a flower—along with “like” and the smiling and crying emojis. “In honor of Mother’s Day we are testing the ability for people in a few markets to leave a flower reaction,” Facebook said in a statement.
The flower reaction will be available only in the short-term. It’s the first temporary reaction Facebook has offered since expanding its “like” option to include emotional reactions.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart