Harry Styles did what many deemed the unthinkable on Friday afternoon, when he chopped off his hair. That’s right, the One Direction member has nixed those luscious locks of his, thereby removing his one source of power and beginning his descent into pop star obscurity.
While that is obviously not true, from the way some of his fans are reacting online, you would think this haircut signals the end of the world as we know it.
Styles made the announcement by posting an Instagram of himself holding up his severed ponytail with the caption, “Whoops.”
However, as far as reasons go, the 22-year-old singer has a pretty good one. Judging by the hashtag accompanying the photo, his hair is being donated to Little Princess Trust, a British charity that makes wigs for children who have experienced hair loss due to cancer treatment.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World