Following his remarks on the economy on Friday, President Obama commented on Donald Trump becoming the presumptive GOP presidential nominee, calling on the American people to examine every candidate’s positions with “exacting standards and genuine scrutiny.”
“This is not entertainment, this is not a reality show,” he said. “This is a contest for the presidency of the United States.” And as a “general rule,” Obama said, he has “no thoughts on Mr. Trump’s tweets.”
Here is a transcript of Obama’s remarks during the weekly press conference.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This