Johnny Manziel, the former Cleveland Browns quarterback accused of assaulting his then girlfriend Colleen Crowley, was ordered by a judge in Texas on Thursday to cease all contact with her, People reported.
According to People, Judge Roberto Canas of the Dallas County Criminal Court told the NFL star that he was also banned from having firearms in his possession.
Manziel was indicted for misdemeanor assault in April following the alleged domestic-violence incident in January, where he allegedly hit Crowley several times.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving