Johnny Manziel, the former Cleveland Browns quarterback accused of assaulting his then girlfriend Colleen Crowley, was ordered by a judge in Texas on Thursday to cease all contact with her, People reported.
According to People, Judge Roberto Canas of the Dallas County Criminal Court told the NFL star that he was also banned from having firearms in his possession.
Manziel was indicted for misdemeanor assault in April following the alleged domestic-violence incident in January, where he allegedly hit Crowley several times.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.