Catching the meteors may be tough depending on your location. The meteors enter the Earth’s atmosphere at the speed of 148,000 mph. Slooh, a space broadcasting site, provides a livestream for those afraid they may miss out.
The Slooh livestream will be broadcast from the Institute of Astrophysics of the Canary Islands beginning at 8 p.m. EDT, in a feed that will be available above. Slooh host Paul Cox and astronomers Bob Berman and Eric Edelman will provide commentary alongside the livestream.
Slooh is a TIME partner. You can go to Slooh.com to join and watch this live broadcast, snap and share your own photos during the event, chat with audience members and interact with the hosts, and personally control Slooh’s telescopes.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow