The Obamas celebrated Star Wars Day with a dance party.
Proving that the leader of the United States can bring together disparate groups and build coalitions, he and the First Lady brought rebels and Imperial troops together for a dance party to “Uptown Funk” to mark May the 4th.
In the video, which was posted to the White House’s Facebook and Twitter pages, R2-D2 seems to take over DJ duty and starts playing the Mark Ronson and Bruno Mars track, which Michelle Obama declares to be her favorite song.
When the First Lady started to bust a move along with R2D2, who spins his head back and forth with the music, the Commander in Chief (turned Geek in Chief) ordered the Imperial troops into action, “Come on, stormtroopers!” Not ones to ignore direct orders, the stormtroopers hit the dance floor and start to move, albeit awkwardly thanks to their protective armor. But they gave it their all, because as the video’s caption says, “Dance. Or dance not. There is no try.“
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World