President Barack Obama visited Flint, Mich. on Wednesday for the first time since findings about the city’s lead-contaminated water came to light. He met with federal officials who have been on the ground in the city, and he spoke to the community at large during a talk at Northwestern High School.
Here is a transcript of his remarks at the Food Bank of Eastern Michigan, after his meeting with federal officials, Michigan Governor Rick Snyder and Flint Mayor Karen Weaver.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears