After several sleepy months, the Powerball jackpot is back up to an estimated $348 million.
March 2 was the last time anyone won the full jackpot, the Associated Press reports. In January, three winners split a take of $1.6 billion in a closely-watched drawing. The winners were lucky enough to have purchased tickets in states that do not tax lottery winnings, though they did owe federal income tax of 39.6%, Money reported.
According to Powerball, the odds of winning are 1 in more than 292 million.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow