It’s been an illuminating week for Harry Potter fans. After tweeting an explanation on Monday of why she killed off fan-favorite character Remus Lupin, J.K. Rowling took to Twitter again to comment on a theory regarding Albus Dumbledore’s life prior to the series’ beginning.
The theory in question was tweeted at the British author on Wednesday and posits that Dumbledore’s extreme aversion to horcruxes was due to his regret over making one of the dark objects himself. In a video justifying the claim, YouTube user Jonathan Carlin argues that Fawkes the Phoenix was not just a pet, but rather a horcrux created by the headmaster to extricate the part of his soul that felt guilty over the death of his sister.
However, Rowling was quick to make her feelings on the topic clear. “The idea that anybody believes this is strangely upsetting to me,” she tweeted.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time