After deleting every post from their social media pages and erasing all content from their website over the past two days, Radiohead has returned to the Internet with two Instagram videos. The first clip was posted in the early hours of the morning on Tuesday and features 15 seconds of a stop-motion bird chirping. The band then followed that up with a second animated video showing a group of masked men with swords circling around a woman tied to a tree.
Read More: Radiohead Has Disappeared From the Internet
While the meaning behind these posts remains cryptic, many fans see this reappearing act as a sign that the Thom Yorke-led group will soon drop their ninth album.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms