Designers, artists, models and celebrities gathered in New York Monday evening for the Met Gala, possibly the year’s most extravagant, and exclusive, event. For a party already known to bring out the boldest gowns and outfits, this year promised especially progressive looks thanks to the exhibition’s theme: “Manus x Machina: Fashion In An Age Of Technology.”
Of all the attendees who stepped onto the red carpet, here are eight of the evening’s most astounding and memorable looks from every angle:
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
Taylor Swift wears a metallic dress from Louis Vuitton and knee-high boots.