The Taliban now has access to Big Macs and McNuggets.
McDonald’s opened its first restaurant in Pakistan’s western city of Quetta, the reputed home of the fearsome militant group’s ruling council.
But the extremist fighters weren’t impressed — with one telling NBC News “we don’t even consider it as a food.”
All menu items are halal, and there’s even a shawarma-meets-gyro type of wrap to get local tastebuds interested: Behold, the McArabia.
You can get a McArabia for just under $3.00. Add a drink and some fries, and you’re still at under $5.00.
In a country where pork is banned for religious reasons…
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving