That title is misleading. You are not expected to bend the screens of these TV using your own strength.
There are, however, buttons on each remote that you can use to make the screens bend and unbend at your whim, all the while cackling like a maniacal supervillain in your man-lair.
Here’s a quick video of Samsung’s TV getting a workout:
Blink and you’ll miss it, right? And here’s a photo from the CES show floor of LG’s similar bendable TV concept, which sports a 77-inch screen:
No word on when we’ll see one of these for sale. If you’re wondering what the point is, it’s mostly to show off that curved TV screen technology is coming and it’s coming fast. Samsung noted at its CES press conference that being able to curve this TV for watching movies while keeping it flat for watching other stuff would be a nice feature, too.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve