That title is misleading. You are not expected to bend the screens of these TV using your own strength.
There are, however, buttons on each remote that you can use to make the screens bend and unbend at your whim, all the while cackling like a maniacal supervillain in your man-lair.
Here’s a quick video of Samsung’s TV getting a workout:
Blink and you’ll miss it, right? And here’s a photo from the CES show floor of LG’s similar bendable TV concept, which sports a 77-inch screen:
No word on when we’ll see one of these for sale. If you’re wondering what the point is, it’s mostly to show off that curved TV screen technology is coming and it’s coming fast. Samsung noted at its CES press conference that being able to curve this TV for watching movies while keeping it flat for watching other stuff would be a nice feature, too.
- Introducing the TIME100 Climate List
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time