McDonald’s is testing Chicken McNuggets that are made without artificial preservatives.
The fast food giant says it began testing the new nugget recipe in March, according to the Associated Press, with some 140 locations in Oregon and Washington offering the first batches.
McDonald’s is revitalizing its menu in an attempt to reinvigorate its U.S. business, which the company admits has faltered in recent years after failing to keep up with changing consumer tastes.
It’s not clear when the new nuggets will be available nationally or what exactly is different about them, but McDonald’s did say the recipe is “simpler” and “parents can feel good” about it, according to AP.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve