TIME 100 honoree Priyanka Chopra, star of Quantico, a TV drama about fighting terrorism, has some strong feelings about the real fight against extremism—which has come up repeatedly in the 2016 presidential race.
At the TIME 100 gala on Tuesday night, Chopra slammed 2016 candidate and fellow TIME 100 honoree Donald Trump‘s call for banning Muslim immigrants form the U.S.
“I just think you can’t put a ban on anyone,” she said. “Generalizing a type of people is really primitive.”
The fight against domestic terrorism has grown so complex that “you can’t put a face on it anymore,” she added.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up