TIME 100 honoree Priyanka Chopra, star of Quantico, a TV drama about fighting terrorism, has some strong feelings about the real fight against extremism—which has come up repeatedly in the 2016 presidential race.
At the TIME 100 gala on Tuesday night, Chopra slammed 2016 candidate and fellow TIME 100 honoree Donald Trump‘s call for banning Muslim immigrants form the U.S.
“I just think you can’t put a ban on anyone,” she said. “Generalizing a type of people is really primitive.”
The fight against domestic terrorism has grown so complex that “you can’t put a face on it anymore,” she added.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now