The Prague Zoo had no idea its female gorilla was pregnant until she gave birth on Saturday.
Zoo officials are calling the newborn a “miracle” because the 24-year-old Shinda previously had trouble conceiving. The zoo claims that her keepers did not notice she was pregnant because of “her appetite.”
The baby does not have a name yet, and its gender is still unknown. The Associated Press reports that visitors have already been able to see the mother and her baby.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time