The Twin Peaks cast list is finally here and it’s as expansive and mysterious as the show itself.
Rumors have been percolating for months (no fish in the percolator, though) that many familiar faces would be returning to the town of Twin Peaks to reprise their roles in the nine-episode limited-run series, which Mark Frost wrote and David Lynch directed. The cast list, released by Showtime, proves those rumors to be true with Kyle MacLachlan stepping back into his role as Special Agent Dale Cooper, as well as repeat performances by Sherilyn Fenn, Madchen Amick, Sheryl Lee, Dana Ashbrook, Grace Zabriskie, Miguel Ferrer, Russ Tamblyn and the late Catherine E. Coulson, who played the town’s Log Lady.
But while the town of Twin Peaks normally has 51,201 residents, the population must have swelled in the 25 years since the show ended as the cast list has over 217 names on it. New faces include Michael Cera, Jim Belushi, Naomi Watts, Amanda Seyfried, singers Sky Ferreira and Sharon Van Etten, original Ghostbuster Ernie Hudson, Nine Inch Nails frontman Trent Reznor, Tim Roth, Pearl Jam’s Eddie Vedder, Gossip Girl‘s Jessica Szohr, Richard Chamberlain, Ashley Judd, David Duchovny and longtime Lynch collaborator Jennifer Jason Leigh. Even Lynch himself will make an appearance. So pour yourself a damn fine cup of coffee while you peruse the rest of the massive list and wait for more teasers. The show is expected to debut sometime in 2017.
[H/T The Hollywood Reporter]
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out