Filmmakers behind BBC Two’s Peaky Blinders crime saga have released a much-anticipated trailer teasing six new episodes from the show’s third season.
Actor Cillian Murphy returns to star as Tommy Shelby when the drama comes back next week, the 30-second clip shows. The first episode of the new season is set on Shelby’s wedding day. However, amid celebrations, a “mysterious visitor” puts his family in danger and thrusts the groom into a lethal and “dangerous web of international intrigue,” according to the show’s website. That’s likely to be Paddy Considine’s fearsome priest, a new character, The Independent reports.
Shelby also deals with the arrival of “the Russians,” the trailer teases. “They are very dangerous people,” a voice can be heard warning Shelby. “So are we,” he says.
Peaky Blinders returns May 5 on BBC Two and will be available on Netflix in the U.S. soon after. The series, written and created by Stephen Knight, won the Royal Television Society award for best drama and was nominated for six British Academy of Film and Television Arts awards.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now