Filmmakers behind BBC Two’s Peaky Blinders crime saga have released a much-anticipated trailer teasing six new episodes from the show’s third season.
Actor Cillian Murphy returns to star as Tommy Shelby when the drama comes back next week, the 30-second clip shows. The first episode of the new season is set on Shelby’s wedding day. However, amid celebrations, a “mysterious visitor” puts his family in danger and thrusts the groom into a lethal and “dangerous web of international intrigue,” according to the show’s website. That’s likely to be Paddy Considine’s fearsome priest, a new character, The Independent reports.
Shelby also deals with the arrival of “the Russians,” the trailer teases. “They are very dangerous people,” a voice can be heard warning Shelby. “So are we,” he says.
Peaky Blinders returns May 5 on BBC Two and will be available on Netflix in the U.S. soon after. The series, written and created by Stephen Knight, won the Royal Television Society award for best drama and was nominated for six British Academy of Film and Television Arts awards.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve