Filmmakers behind BBC Two’s Peaky Blinders crime saga have released a much-anticipated trailer teasing six new episodes from the show’s third season.
Actor Cillian Murphy returns to star as Tommy Shelby when the drama comes back next week, the 30-second clip shows. The first episode of the new season is set on Shelby’s wedding day. However, amid celebrations, a “mysterious visitor” puts his family in danger and thrusts the groom into a lethal and “dangerous web of international intrigue,” according to the show’s website. That’s likely to be Paddy Considine’s fearsome priest, a new character, The Independent reports.
Shelby also deals with the arrival of “the Russians,” the trailer teases. “They are very dangerous people,” a voice can be heard warning Shelby. “So are we,” he says.
Peaky Blinders returns May 5 on BBC Two and will be available on Netflix in the U.S. soon after. The series, written and created by Stephen Knight, won the Royal Television Society award for best drama and was nominated for six British Academy of Film and Television Arts awards.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time