The sixth season premier of Game of Thrones ended with a reveal. Melisandre disrobed, which on its own is nothing new, but this time she removed her gold and ruby necklace. As she cast it aside, her youth faded and she bore her true form: an old and frail body.
It was a rare moment of vulnerability for the Red Priestess that even caught some of the show’s cast by surprise, according to Variety. While questions remain over Melisandre’s true age, the episode’s revelation was enough to spark strong, sometimes funny reactions on Twitter:
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time