Pulitzer Prize winner and 2016 TIME 100 honoree Lin-Manuel Miranda led the cast of the Hamilton musical in a spirited tribute to Prince after Thursday night’s performance, in honor of the legendary pop singer, who died Thursday at 57.
The actors danced to the Purple Rain maestro’s “Let’s Go Crazy” onstage as the audience stood up and clapped along.
It was not the only Broadway tribute. The Color Purple‘s star Jennifer Hudson shared a story about meeting Prince and then sang “Purple Rain” with her fellow cast members.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization