Pulitzer Prize winner and 2016 TIME 100 honoree Lin-Manuel Miranda led the cast of the Hamilton musical in a spirited tribute to Prince after Thursday night’s performance, in honor of the legendary pop singer, who died Thursday at 57.
The actors danced to the Purple Rain maestro’s “Let’s Go Crazy” onstage as the audience stood up and clapped along.
It was not the only Broadway tribute. The Color Purple‘s star Jennifer Hudson shared a story about meeting Prince and then sang “Purple Rain” with her fellow cast members.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve