In an interview on Fox News, Trump said the Republican Party needs to “unite” in order to win the White House next fall. In his pitch, Trump suggested he would tap some of his former opponents for a presidential cabinet.
“Frankly, Marco, I’d love to have involved,” Trump said of his former foe. “I can tell you that Ben Carson is a terrific guy. … Chris Christie is a fantastic guy. Both of them are tremendous people.”
Both Christie and Carson have already endorsed Trump, who is the leading contender for the Republican nomination.
“The party has to unite. If we unite, this party is going to have a huge victory,” he said. “We are going to win places other people have no chance of winning.”
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating