In an interview on Fox News, Trump said the Republican Party needs to “unite” in order to win the White House next fall. In his pitch, Trump suggested he would tap some of his former opponents for a presidential cabinet.
“Frankly, Marco, I’d love to have involved,” Trump said of his former foe. “I can tell you that Ben Carson is a terrific guy. … Chris Christie is a fantastic guy. Both of them are tremendous people.”
Both Christie and Carson have already endorsed Trump, who is the leading contender for the Republican nomination.
“The party has to unite. If we unite, this party is going to have a huge victory,” he said. “We are going to win places other people have no chance of winning.”
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving