In an interview on Fox News, Trump said the Republican Party needs to “unite” in order to win the White House next fall. In his pitch, Trump suggested he would tap some of his former opponents for a presidential cabinet.
“Frankly, Marco, I’d love to have involved,” Trump said of his former foe. “I can tell you that Ben Carson is a terrific guy. … Chris Christie is a fantastic guy. Both of them are tremendous people.”
Both Christie and Carson have already endorsed Trump, who is the leading contender for the Republican nomination.
“The party has to unite. If we unite, this party is going to have a huge victory,” he said. “We are going to win places other people have no chance of winning.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org