They’re now all jamming in heaven, but once upon a time, Michael Jackson, James Brown and Prince shared a stage on earth.
The three music legends performed together at one of Brown’s concerts in 1983, where the King of Pop and its Prince were both in the audience. Brown first cajoled Jackson up to the stage from within the crowd, and then — around the 1:40 mark in the above video — says Jackson “insisted that I introduce Prince.”
Right from his entry on piggyback from a fellow audience member, to a crazy guitar solo that ends with him shirtless, watch as Prince completely steals the show.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List