The city said a strong wave caused a 164-foot piece of the seaside path to detach and fall to the rocks and beach below, CNN reported.
The bike path, which cost $12 million, was part of renovation projects by the city in preparation for the Summer Games. The Olympic torch was lit in Greece on Thursday, and it will arrive in Rio de Janeiro in August, when the games begin.
City officials said engineers who designed the path will now “check and revise” it, CNN reported
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up