Young boxers in New York City took lessons from a nontraditional coach on Thursday, when Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau visited Gleason’s Gym in Brooklyn.
Boxing great Muhammad Ali trained at the historic gym, among other boxing champions.
Thursday’s outing wasn’t that unusual for Trudeau, who boxes regularly and, as a Member of Parliament, participated in a 2012 boxing match for charity, defeating Conservative Senator Patrick Brazeau. The event raised money for cancer research.
TIME broadcast from Gleason’s during Trudeau’s visit via Facebook Live.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy