Young boxers in New York City took lessons from a nontraditional coach on Thursday, when Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau visited Gleason’s Gym in Brooklyn.
Boxing great Muhammad Ali trained at the historic gym, among other boxing champions.
Thursday’s outing wasn’t that unusual for Trudeau, who boxes regularly and, as a Member of Parliament, participated in a 2012 boxing match for charity, defeating Conservative Senator Patrick Brazeau. The event raised money for cancer research.
TIME broadcast from Gleason’s during Trudeau’s visit via Facebook Live.
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- The COP28 Outcomes Business Leaders Are Watching For
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time