Young boxers in New York City took lessons from a nontraditional coach on Thursday, when Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau visited Gleason’s Gym in Brooklyn.
Boxing great Muhammad Ali trained at the historic gym, among other boxing champions.
Thursday’s outing wasn’t that unusual for Trudeau, who boxes regularly and, as a Member of Parliament, participated in a 2012 boxing match for charity, defeating Conservative Senator Patrick Brazeau. The event raised money for cancer research.
TIME broadcast from Gleason’s during Trudeau’s visit via Facebook Live.
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving