The Very Best of Prince, a 2001 greatest hits compilation, topped iTunes’ albums sales list as of 2:30 p.m., followed by Purple Rain and The Hits/The B-Sides in second and third place, and 1999 at No. 5. Prince had pulled his music from streaming sites, so iTunes is one of the only places to find it online.
Prince, 57, died Thursday at his Paisley Park estate in Minnesota, after battling the flu. Dozens of celebrities offered remembrances of the singer on Twitter, sharing their favorite songs and lyrics.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears