The world is mourning the death of pop icon Prince, who passed away at the age of 57 at his Paisley Park estate in Minnesota after battling the flu for several weeks. The “Purple Rain” singer was well known for his four-decade long music career, and tributes from fans began pouring in from across the globe after the news was confirmed on Thursday.
Read More: Prince, Icon of Pop Music, Dies at 57
Many celebrities took to social media to express their sorrow over the loss of The Purple One.
- How to Help Victims of the Texas School Shooting
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- What the Buffalo Tragedy Has to Do With the Effort to Overturn Roe
- Column: The U.S. Failed Miserably on COVID-19. Canada Shows It Didn't Have to Be That Way
- N.Y. Will Soon Require Businesses to Post Salaries in Job Listings. Here's What Happened When Colorado Did It
- The 46 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2022
- ‘We Are in a Moment of Reckoning.’ Amanda Nguyen on Taking the Fight for Sexual Violence Survivors to the U.N.