The 33 minutes of footage show Armstrong recording for his 1959 album “Satchmo Plays King Oliver,” but the 16mm film has languished in storage or in private possession since the record’s producer had it created. The Louis Armstrong House Museum, where Armstrong lived in Queens, N.Y., announced the acquisition on Wednesday.
Watch a clip from the footage above.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time