In 1960, John Sturges and William Roberts saw success with The Magnificent Seven, a western remake of Akira Kurosawa’s 1954 Seven Samurai. Now, Antoine Fuqua is looking to relive the magic again: the Training Day director is helming a new remake starring Denzel Washington, Chris Pratt, Ethan Hawke, Vincent D’Onofrio, Byung-Hun Lee, Manuel Garcia-Rulfo and Martin Sensmeier as the seven gunslingers storming into town to seek vengeance against a villainous Peter Sarsgaard.
The shoot-’em-up arrives in theaters Sept. 23.
- Yes, Climate Change Is Making Storms Like Hurricane Ian Worse
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future